The Director, Engagement will work within the CUC Central team to empower regional communities to develop their own approach to higher education and support the growth and expansion of the CUC Network in collaboration with government, universities, and local industry.
- Work alongside regional communities to increase their knowledge and understanding of the CUC, Regional Study Hubs program, universities, higher education sector, and government funding opportunities.
- Nurture the relationships between new communities, government, local industry, local government, regional development bodies and university stakeholders.
- Lead the development of scoping studies, modelling, and documentation to support emerging communities to establish a CUC.
- Assist new communities to establish governance structures, facilities, manage risks, and create local partnerships for their Centre in conjunction with the CEO and CUC Central team.
- Expand relationships between the CUC Network and Regional University Centres across Australia.
- Support preparation of submissions into and attendances at Commonwealth and State Government Inquiries, Roundtables and Consultations into matters relating to the CUC.
- Foster relations between new and emerging CUC’s and Local, State and Federal Government representatives, regional development bodies, regional foundations, representative organisations, and advocacy groups
- Collaborate with CUC Central on other projects for the CUC Network.
A copy of the Position Description is available here: Director, Engagement
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Chris Ronan, CEO, Country Universities Centre, 0412 573 754
Please provide a CV, and address the following questions in no more than two pages:
- The Director, Engagement will require excellent interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate, problem solve and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people. Please provide an example of when you have used your communication and diplomacy skills to resolve a challenge in the context of community development, a Regional University Centre, or Country Universities Centre.
- The Director, Engagement will require extensive experience working with regional, rural, and remote communities, local government, and grassroots organisations in community development. Please provide an example of when your philosophy and approach to working with these stakeholders has delivered a positive outcome for the community.
Please address applications to Chris Ronan, CEO Country Universities Centre. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close 5pm Thursday 31st August.